Product Name: Chitosan
Source: Shrimp/Crab shell
Application: Food/Cosmetic/Pharma/Industrial Area
Solubility: Soluble in acid, insoluble in water
Deacetylation degree:85% 90% 95%
CAS Number: 9012-76-4
Molecular formula: (C6H11NO4)N
Chitosan has a number of commercial and possible biomedical uses. It can be used in agriculture as a seed treatment and biopesticide, helping plants to fight off fungal infections. In winemaking it can be used as a fining agent, also helping to prevent spoilage. In industry, it can be used in a self-healing polyurethane paint coating. In medicine, it may be useful in bandages to reduce bleeding and as an antibacterial agent; it can also be used to help deliver drugs through the skin.
More controversially, chitosan has been asserted to have use in limiting fat absorption, which would make it useful for dieting, but there is evidence against this.
Other uses of chitosan that have been researched include use as a soluble dietary fiber.
Chitin chitosan can be used as a humectant, binding agent, filler, clarifier, glazing agent, emulsifier and thickening stabilizer in the food area. As a functional oligosaccharide, it can improve immunity, reduce cholesterol and enhance the body's ability to resist disease and infection, especially with strong antitumor effects.
Chitosan is non-toxic, odorless, and has bacteriostatic effects.
Cosmetics with the ingredients of Chitosan can improve the film-forming properties of the product, have better moisturizing and bacteriostatic functions, and not cause any allergic irritation reactions. When incorporated into shampoo and hair care products, it has the effects of easy combing, full hand feeling, fluffy hair, and bright hair color. It is more effective for slender hair which is easily breaks and splits.
Chitosan is used in pharmaceutical area as excipients, disintegrants, thickeners, etc.
Chitosan is widely used in precious metal recycling, industrial wastewater treatment, etc. It is used for activated sludge treatment with excellent results. Because of the non-toxic and biodegradable characteristics, chitosan is used for wastewater treatment and metal extraction. It will not cause secondary pollution, so it is a promising metal chelator and polymer flocculant.
1. Promoting blood coagulation and wound healing;
2. Used as drug sustained-release matrix;
3. Used in artificial tissues and organs;
4. Improving the immunity, guarding against hypertension, regulating blood sugar, anti-ageing, enhancing acid constitution,etc,
1. Antibacterial agent
2. Fruit and vegetable preservatives
3. Additives for health-care food
4. Clarifying agent for fruit juice
1. In agriculture, chitosan is typically used as a natural seed treatment and plant growth enhancer, and as an ecologically friendly biopesticide substance that boosts the innate ability of plants to defend themselves against fungal infections.
2. As feed additives, can inhibit and kill the harmful bacterium, improve animals immunity.
1. Chitosan has good adsorption characteristics of heavy metal ion, applied in treatment of organic wastewater, dye wastewater, water purification and textile industry.
2. Chitosan can be also applied in paper-making industry, improving the dry and wet strength of paper and surface printability.
Water Soluble Grade
Water soluble grade Chitosan is transformed from chitosan through carboxylation, freely soluble in water and the character is stable. It has excellent moisture absorption, moisture retention, opsonization, bacteria inhibition, etc. Applicable to various cosmetics, such as emollient cream, shower gel, cleaning cream, mousse, advanced ointment frost, emulsion and colloid cosmetics, etc. Also applicable to moisturizing and antistaling agent for food, fruits and vegetables, flocculant for sewage treatment, drug sustained release agent, nontoxic adhesive, auxiliaries for dyeing& printing and paper making, etc.
Carboxymethyl Chitosan is the higher ramification of chitosan, which have 100% water solubility, film forming ability, heavy metal chelation. It has been applied in advanced cosmetics, heavy metal chelating agent, drug sustained release agent, plant growth regulator agent , wastewater treatment, etc.